Monday, October 19, 2015



Tale 6: Of Productions, Pageants & Adieus

‘Tarry a little, there is something else.
This bond doth give thee here no jot of blood;
The words expressly are "a pound of flesh."
Portia, The Merchant Of Venice Act 4, scene 1, 304–307

Some tales push hard at you,
Straining and clamouring
Pushing till all else is out and it is told
Till you give them life through the written word!

How can I share tales of Passing on the Torch and not mention our many theatrical endeavours?

Of Shakespeare's’ penny pincher Shylock

Memorizing lines
Assuming right tonality
Perfecting movements and expression
Speaking bygone English.
Seemingly endless rehearsals
Outfitted in beautiful costumes - leotards and puffy pleated shorts
Crowned by a beautiful production.

Ahh how liberating the stage remains for me - a place to time travel, see many versions of oneself as in Looper
Of a dream to dance but economy of person must chop no gree totally!

Don’t get me wrong - I no fit stop acting, directing, producing or critiquing! :-)

RIP Mrs. Onyewadume - Thank you!

Of Music - pure beautiful
soul stirring transporting beyond the humidity and dirt of Lagos
The Pirates of Penzance, A future-stars studded production
Dare Art ALade in Lead.
QC girls and KC boyz - a treatise for another day maybe.

Beauty Pageants
some sadness
One in particular I heavily invested in
My father’s trove of hats
My mother's ankara wrappers
All, made it into her wardrobe for the day

One wherein a kind hearted dimpled beauty
shone bright and beautiful.

Fast forward

The Shylocks of our time brought sorrow to be
By their subversive corrupt actions
They took away from us Maimuna Anyene nee Mijindadi and her kin.
You are no more - but I still say Thank you!
Till date I still cannot recall
Your face ever set in a frown or pout
Not even when life hurt you.
Thank you for being beautiful person inside and outside

To others of our time,
That have passed on
Adieu! Adieu! Adieu!

Tale 6 six beckons, knocking on my door - I step into higher learning.
Till tomorrow!
Odaaro!

No comments: