Monday, May 14, 2007

Women of Inspiration?

Pastor Bimbo Odukoya; Oprah Winfrey; Lady Diana; Condolezza Rice; Sade Adu


In that order deifinitely for the first, the others possibly interchangeable.

These are women I have looked upon, that I have seen, that I know are living and have lived some of what resides within me to achieve.

I am not your usual kinda girl who hero worships or adores and goes ga ga oh la la - but I definitely know when I see something that challenges me to greater heights.

These women do...

From their personal styles to their intellect to the way they live and interact - to their passionate love affairs of impacting their generation...

These women are not mere tin gods, or idols for me - they are women living out parts of this girl - who is living her life like its golden, impacting her generation and determined like never before to be significant no matter how little a space or sphere of influence/change she finds herself...

Women
Of Power
Of Passion
Of Vision

Women who not by virtue of loosing their 'womanhood' or femisnism' sought to take another shape but women who embrace their realities and use their foundations as a spring board to greater things...

Women who indeed are living their lives out- not mirroing that which society dictates as standard or acceptable but going beyond the skies and fulfilling their dreams...

Women of Prayer, Power, Passion and Soul...

TBC

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Titi, hello!

This is Natalia Martinez! I met you last summer at an event at the ILO in Geneva, where you were with Namele...I am the American student who was doing an internship with Philippe Dam at CONGO. Do you remember? I have read your blog several times since then, but have gotten somewhat busy lately and lost communication. I just wanted to say hello and give you my email address so that we can hopefully keep in touch in a way that is more two-sided than me just reading your blog when I get a chance :) It is nmartinez17@gmail.com

I hope all has been well!

Natalia