Friday, May 11, 2007

Myriad parts seeking Success

Ok....

I am a woman of myriad parts but one thread runs through: ambition, desire for uncommon success, call it whatever you will....

I am also Human - as human as they come - so I won't be fastidious - that the right word - and not confess that yes - atimes when i see, hear of , perceive others success I ask myself - How come I knew nothing about that why could it not be me...

Is the right/wrong? Who says it has to be? It is Human...

Its hard for me to pour out my thoughts, even more difficult when it concerns what i have been brought up to term as sacred...

My thoughts are running around as I ask myself - am I still doing things that light up my world form the inside and make me feel fulfilled? Am I truly impacting my generation or has it become a case of just going through the motions?

Do we all reach these times in our lives or is it simply an issue of insatiable desire for greater things? Or that it is normal to have this seeming separated parts of yourself all viaing to be the one 'living' or 'achieving' or 'fulfilling'?

Who do I let out? The communications genie or the one who desires to be a madam for society? The poet who is not sure she belongs in any genre or the creative in me who seeks to burst out in myriad prisms of color shaping homes and lives in shade and colours?

Bottom Line I want, need, have to succeed - that much I know, that much all of me agrees on.

The How, the where, the when - the what - of the success I wonder at...

Joshua 1:8 just came to mind and I thought - Lord Show me...

"This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have SUCCESS."

I ask myself then - what is success according to God's Word? And how does that filter down into my life? Who I am and what i am purposed for?

Guess Life is full of questions which when answered comes back to more questions and life goes on...

2 comments:

David said...

Lovely blog. Keep up the gud wuk!

Kind regards,

Lisa said...

When I read a post like this is when I realise everyone asks such questions of themselves... and also that there is no correct answer -- not even a limited set of correct answers!